Young Woman After God's Heart
Was reading “A Young Woman After God’s Heart” this morning and the question Elizabeth George posed to her readers in the third chapter got me thinking. Prior to this morning, I recall Shawn asking us these two questions last Saturday, “What is God doing in your life now?” and “What is God speaking to you in this season?”
Elizabeth George has phrased these two questions in another way, “Lord, what do You see missing from my Christian life? What needs attention as I begin a new decade with You?”
And as I reflect upon my journey with God, I think many times, I just want to know where God wants me to go from here and what is his plan for my life but I never stop to think about what is missing in my walk. I can know my final destination, but if God does not surface the issues that hinders my relationship with him, my path towards that destination will only be prolonged.
I think that I have learnt a very big lesson on being afraid to face God over the past few years and I don’t ever want to feel that way again. Yet, many times I fear what God will tell me when I ask him to expose sin and darkness in my life. I know that there are hidden sins that we have within us that we will never know and that’s why we need God to show us where we need to change. Sin is the number one factor that will lead us to drift away from God. And it is does not happen in an hour or even in a day. One drop of ink will smudge the whole piece of paper. It only takes one small sin in our lives that will kill our walk with God gradually.
Back to the questions. I believe that I am on a journey of exploring how I can deepen my walk with God. I want to have intimacy with God. I want to know that when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, he is with me. And that is why I never want to live a day on my own strength. I never want to live a day without spending time with the one that I love.
Lord, reveal to me, what you see missing in my walk with you. I want to put you first in everything I do. It is so difficult to be focused, so hard to keep my faith in a fallen world. But I’m not going to give up. I’ll struggle hard, and struggle well.
Lord, forgive me for times when I turn to the comforts of this world that can give me the temporary high and choose not to look to you. Forgive me for replacing you with things that will give me pleasure and satisfaction. Help me in my weaknesses. Help me not to be a slave to material things.
I love you.




No comments:
Post a Comment