Colin Warner
I've learnt much vocab duing his classes...............
Here are some..............
parataxis
-noun Grammar.
the placing together of sentences, clauses, or phrases without a conjunctive word or words, as Hurry up, it is getting late! I came—I saw—I conquered.
facile
–adjective
1. moving, acting, working, proceeding, etc., with ease, sometimes with superficiality: facile fingers; a facile mind.
2. easily done, performed, used, etc.: a facile victory; a facile method.
3. easy or unconstrained, as manners or persons.
4. affable, agreeable, or complaisant; easily influenced: a facile temperament; facile people.
anachronism
–noun
1. something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, esp. a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
2. an error in chronology in which a person, object, event, etc., is assigned a date or period other than the correct one: To assign Michelangelo to the 14th century is an anachronism.
aphorism
-noun
1. A tersely phrased statement of a truth or opinion; an adage. See Synonyms at saying.
2. A brief statement of a principle.




No comments:
Post a Comment