"Are you enjoying your life?" you ask me.
I chose to give you an answer you wanted to hear
So I needn't say more.
So you wouldn't throw me any more questions.
The truth is
I cannot be totally honest with you
As much as I love you
I really do
But there are so many things that we do not see eye to eye
You want what is best for me
I want that too
But neither of us will know what's best
Coz we're humans who are
Clouded by our perceptions and assumptions
based on our experiences
isn't it not?
Why do you tell others that I've grown up and
I know how to make my own decisions
When inside of you,
You're still being possessive and telling me what choices to make?
Your words are just a facade
Masking the reality of your feelings
You still cannot let go
I bet you never will
You're jealous of other guys
and You dread the day I belong to someone else
Is this the best for me?
Is it?
You know,
If we keep wanting the best for ourselves,
the day will come when we die with regrets
because we never did what we wanted to
We were too preoccupied with trying for the best
That we never settled for anything less
So what if I make a mistake?
I may be impulsive, emotional,
and most of the time irrational,
But I take responsibility for the consequences
Mistakes can never be avoided.
You can try with all your might to protect me
from doing what you think is wrong
But it will only push me to go the other way
I am no longer seventeen
I know that I am capable of earning a living
and being independent
I just ask that you will trust me
As it makes it easier for me to be honest with you
When I know that you do
The more I see the suspicion in your eyes
and sense the judgmental aura
The more I want to back away
When will you start to want me to be happy?
I am confident that I will be able to fulfil your desires
and marry a super spiritual saint
But is that what will make me happy?
Is that really what I want?
Or what you want for me?
So do you want me to be happy or to make your dream come true?
ShoutBox!
Support Local Music! If you don't, no one will.
Desert Song
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My PrOFiLe
- tHeKnEeS
- There is only one devotion, to God. My belief, strong and unmovable. I believe in God, the only creator of the universe, the only creator of you and me. Through God, all things hold together. But the Godhead does not only consist of one person, he shares a divine relationship with His son, Jesus Christ, whom he sent to die for us and His Spirit, who is the paraclete to all mankind. If there's one thing i want to share with everyone i know, that is the good news. Christ did it, we receive it. There is nothing greater in this world than knowing his love for us. My mission: Making-a-Difference-1-on-1




No comments:
Post a Comment