Visit My Other Blog!

a creation of Cheryl & Deniece

pics-talk.blogspot.com

My life :)

ShoutBox!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Desert Song

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” -Shakespeare

Thursday, December 11, 2008

prisoners of stereotypes

I decided to blog about this after supper with vanessa.

Recently, I've gotten to know a friend who just came out of prison. His story was on the Sunday Times I'll take a proper picture of it and post it soon, maybe next week.

Anyway, I realise that although many of us haven't had that kind of experience, we are some what prisoners too.

Prisoners of smoking, prisoners of alcohol, promiscuity, masturbation, internet, drugs.. etc..
Those are the obvious ones.. But we can also be prisoners of our own thoughts and emotions - it's when we feel that they are controlling us. We will say things like, "I cannot help but think this way" or "I don't know why I'm feeling like that."

I was watching the rise of the silver surfer today and in the film, Jessica Alba told the silver surfer, "Everyone has a choice."

It's true, isn't it? What we think propels how we feel and hence, the result is our actions. But, it doesn't just stop there.

Our actions will neccesitate the consequences in due time. It will affect how people think of you. It will cause them to form their opinions of your character. In essence, the way you live is telling of who you are.

If you prove or show yourself to be of good calibre, then I guess, that's not much of a problem. However, if the opposite comes to pass, then it might take months, even years, before people wipe off the negative imprints in their minds.

STEREOTYPING.

Plain and simple.

I wonder where our ancestors learned how to do that.

Well... I've had my share of stereotypes while growing up. It seems as if another wave is hitting the shore again. I must becareful of what I say and especially, what I do. I'm glad that I have people like Vanessa to help me with this.

She's my keeper. :)

No comments:

My PrOFiLe

My photo
There is only one devotion, to God. My belief, strong and unmovable. I believe in God, the only creator of the universe, the only creator of you and me. Through God, all things hold together. But the Godhead does not only consist of one person, he shares a divine relationship with His son, Jesus Christ, whom he sent to die for us and His Spirit, who is the paraclete to all mankind. If there's one thing i want to share with everyone i know, that is the good news. Christ did it, we receive it. There is nothing greater in this world than knowing his love for us. My mission: Making-a-Difference-1-on-1

MaKinG a DiFfeReNcE 1-on-1

It's simple. One life, lay it down for another. Keep it going.