Battling Lust
Met a few school friends for dinner yesterday at Midsummer Nite Breeze. "Wo De Hao Jie Shao".. hehe.. Too bad Amelia, Yoshi and the others couldn't make it. We had such a gd time :)
Why the title "Battling Lust" then? Please don't get me wrong. I wasn't thinking of that over dinner.
It's just a topic that came up when we were strolling along the park. Although I've been to MNB many times, I never did walk around the area. Many things have changed over the years. But it was so dark yesterday, all we could see were figures of couples making out! LOL! Nah.. that's an exaggeration. We only saw 2 i think? :P
Anyway, Anthony asked me a few questions about lust and my replies were pretty frank according to him. I didn't give him the details but I shared with him my struggles as I also mentioned during youth last week. We discussed on "adultery" and of course, you can trace the act back to its roots - lust.
I feel that sometimes I don't really agree with the stereotype that guys struggle with it more than girls. I think that we girls face the same level of desire, especially when you've tasted its fruit and you know that it is good.
Anthony drew an important link between lust and adultery. He said that if you don't get rid of lust, instead you choose to entertain it, it will open the door for many other temptations. You will begin to say that "it's ok". In other words, your conscience will be seared. In the context of marriage, it might even lead to adultery.
I paused him there for a moment and added that lust is no respector of persons. Regardless of whether you're male, female, single or married, it will hound you. That's why people say "It happened so fast! I didn't know what I was doing!" (- Dan from Syberia)
We both agreed that LUST is a scary thing. It should not be taken lightly. The more you give in to it, the more it will rear its ugly head.
I Love You Lord.




No comments:
Post a Comment