Visit My Other Blog!

a creation of Cheryl & Deniece

pics-talk.blogspot.com

My life :)

ShoutBox!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Desert Song

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” -Shakespeare

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Uprooting

WHew......... time check: 3.06am

while everybody in my home is sound asleep, i lie awake in bed gathering my thoughts for the day.

I had just finished a massive packing session.

I have only today and tomorrow to pack because the movers will come in the morning on Friday to move our boxes to the new place. Finally, after much deliberation, it's official that I'm moving this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so strange.. I think I've been a nomad like my whole life.

When I was in Nan Hua Primary, the school shifted from the current NHSS to Jalan Lempeng, which is where NHPS is located now. I still remember the long symbolic walk we had to walk. Our teachers made us walk from the old place to the new as a symbolic act. I was too young to understand it at that time. We weren't so concerned about the serious stuff. We talked and teased each other throughout the journey. It wasn't so bad after all! We had great bonding time!

Then in Secondary School. River Valley announced that it was going to shift to another location! We had to be part of the fund raising by asking all our friends and family to sign on the donation card and give a kind donation. I still remembered, I lost my donation card because I couldn't be bothered :P Andrew had to accompany me to the Police Post to report the lost card! Well, it was an excuse to see him! (hehehe... don't get the wrong idea... that was in the past)

After Junior College, I worked at a Kindergarten called "Little Fellow" and in the short span of six months, I helped them move to a new place during my fifth month of work, that was November 2006. The reason why they had to move was quite interesting. I can't divulge too much details because I'm not allowed to. But anyway, the kindergarten was one of those in a private semi-detached and they weren't on friendly terms with the neighbours on the right. The neighbours often complained about the noisy children and their parents' cars that blocked the entrance of their house. They would do nasty things like let the leaves of their plants clutter our front porch and at times we had to line the joint wall with trash bags just to prevent the leaves from coming in! They were so inconsiderate! They complained about the darnest things and got the police to check on us! Oh well... such neighbours.. I'm glad we moved.

And now,

It is the 5th time I'm shifting house. I've lived in the north region (Yishun, Hougang) and the west zone (Boon Lay, Jurong West, Jurong East) and now I'm going to the East! (East Coast)

Haha...

The move will only be temporary. The place we're shifting in to will be going for en bloc sales in two years and we'll either have to move back to Jurong West or we'll sell this unit to buy another new apartment.

Mum asked me today whether I am excited that we're moving. I replied 'no'. The only plus point about our move is that it's nearer to church and my school. Because I grew up in the west, all my friends are in the west.

But I believe that all things will work out for good. I need to be grateful that someone has blessed us with this new place and thankful that we'll be able to have an additional source of income from renting out this space.

----------------------------------------------------------------


Have you ever thought about spiritual uprooting?

I'm attending a class now called "Current Issues in Missiology" which addresses the relevant issues in missions today. and we had a very interesting discussion today about religious PLURALISM, religious LIBERALISM and religious FUNDAMENTALISM.

(********pause********)

I need to apologize to Jeffrey. I didn't know that there should be 4
representatives from each group to present 1 case study each. So I agreed
with Titus and Rufus that we should arrow u! Oh dear, I'm feeling so bad. I felt
like we bullied you. You had to do all the presentations. Please forgive us! We
won't do that to you again!

(******resume********)

ok... correct me if i'm wrong. But here's my understanding of religious....
PLURALISM: I can be a Buddhist and a Christian at the same time because all routes lead to one destination.
LIBERALISM: I can be a Hindu and I will still be able to go into heaven because God will not judge me if I'm sincere and have been good all my life.
FUNDAMENTALISTS: the opposite of liberalism. there's only one way to heaven, that is through Jesus.

Since we're on the subject of spiritual uprooting and missions, I'm just wondering how a Muslim would feel if we would to ask him to convert to Christianity or anyone for that matter. It could be a Hindu or Buddhist. Think about it for a moment. Try and think how you would feel if the cards were turned. Would you be offended? Would it be easy?

Sometimes, I just don't like the word 'convert'. I don't believe that we should convert people. That is not what the Bible instructs us to do. It says "Go... and make disciples" It is not up to us to change the hearts of men, but up to the Holy Spirit. We merely direct people to be followers of Christ.

Then the question: Can a Muslim be a disciple of Christ and still go to heaven?

It's a tricky question. While I choose to believe that the answer is yes according to my conviction. I am not the final judge, so my word is not absolute truth!

Develop your own stand!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear... I'm just churning out all my thoughts at 3am... not a very good time... am making everyone confused.

Good night.

No comments:

My PrOFiLe

My photo
There is only one devotion, to God. My belief, strong and unmovable. I believe in God, the only creator of the universe, the only creator of you and me. Through God, all things hold together. But the Godhead does not only consist of one person, he shares a divine relationship with His son, Jesus Christ, whom he sent to die for us and His Spirit, who is the paraclete to all mankind. If there's one thing i want to share with everyone i know, that is the good news. Christ did it, we receive it. There is nothing greater in this world than knowing his love for us. My mission: Making-a-Difference-1-on-1

MaKinG a DiFfeReNcE 1-on-1

It's simple. One life, lay it down for another. Keep it going.