Visit My Other Blog!

a creation of Cheryl & Deniece

pics-talk.blogspot.com

My life :)

ShoutBox!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Desert Song

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” -Shakespeare

Thursday, January 31, 2008

(The Message)

Ecc 4:9-10 It's better to have a partner than go it alone.
Share the work, share the wealth. And if one
falls down, the other helps, But if there's no one to help, tough!

Today, I just experienced the value of a friend, also applied my 'attitude of selflessness' that I shared about during YLT.

Just a small story to share...

In class, we only have two powerpoints for us to plug our laptop to. But we have four of us using the laptop. At times, Titus would bring an extension cable where all of us could benefit from. However, he didn't bring it today. So Titus & I had our laptop plugs in because we came before the rest.

Then, the unexpected happened.

Anthony said, "Can I plug mine in? I'm out of battery."

My first reply was, "See, I told you! Don't sit here! There's no more powerpoint here for you!"

I got shocked at my own response. I believe the Holy Spirit convicted me.

I checked my laptop power level and realise that the battery is full. At that moment, I remembered the verse I quoted above and told him, "Come, I'll unplug my laptop and you can use charge your battery. My battery is full."

Though it might seem like a minor situation but it was a major lesson learnt for me!

Others before myself! Have friends around you to watch your back and watch theirs! If one fall, the other is there to help him up!

No comments:

My PrOFiLe

My photo
There is only one devotion, to God. My belief, strong and unmovable. I believe in God, the only creator of the universe, the only creator of you and me. Through God, all things hold together. But the Godhead does not only consist of one person, he shares a divine relationship with His son, Jesus Christ, whom he sent to die for us and His Spirit, who is the paraclete to all mankind. If there's one thing i want to share with everyone i know, that is the good news. Christ did it, we receive it. There is nothing greater in this world than knowing his love for us. My mission: Making-a-Difference-1-on-1

MaKinG a DiFfeReNcE 1-on-1

It's simple. One life, lay it down for another. Keep it going.