Visit My Other Blog!

a creation of Cheryl & Deniece

pics-talk.blogspot.com

My life :)

ShoutBox!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Desert Song

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” -Shakespeare

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

John 1

"The light shines in the darkness..................."

Light in darkness. As I was driving pass Bethel AG last night on my way home, I saw the brue cross on the top of the building lighted up, visible from where I was on the expressway. It reminded me of this verse tha I have been meditating on. John 1:5. It reminded me of being light to the darkness. If we are called to be light to the world, then people around us and the community which our church is in should know about us. I seem to be talking about the concept of being popular and known everywhere. Though it doesn't sound very doctrinally correct.

Struggling with that idea, I think about our positions as humble servants. Well, I guess, bein popular in a sense that people are to know our good deeds. (ah... this sounds more like it) So now the question is, how are we alreading light to our world? Does the community we live in know us? When I talk about community, I'm refering to our neighbourhood, more closely speaking, our block. For me, it's Jurong East St 31, Blk 325. Of course, all that's going to change when I move this Friday.

Because of my unruly reputation in Jurong, I think it's time for me to start afresh when I move to the East. To be light to my darkness. To do things for my community. I'm also challenged by what Pastor Andrew (New Hope Community Services) shared with us last Sunday - about the block party held at his place. And since I'm a party freeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can do something along the lines........ hehe.............. Why not?

------------------------------------------------------------------

There's so much depth in John 1:1-5 that I'm so reluctant to read on........... there's so much to reflect about......... here's just a little nugget.............

No comments:

My PrOFiLe

My photo
There is only one devotion, to God. My belief, strong and unmovable. I believe in God, the only creator of the universe, the only creator of you and me. Through God, all things hold together. But the Godhead does not only consist of one person, he shares a divine relationship with His son, Jesus Christ, whom he sent to die for us and His Spirit, who is the paraclete to all mankind. If there's one thing i want to share with everyone i know, that is the good news. Christ did it, we receive it. There is nothing greater in this world than knowing his love for us. My mission: Making-a-Difference-1-on-1

MaKinG a DiFfeReNcE 1-on-1

It's simple. One life, lay it down for another. Keep it going.