Visit My Other Blog!

a creation of Cheryl & Deniece

pics-talk.blogspot.com

My life :)

ShoutBox!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Desert Song

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” -Shakespeare

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Philippians 4:11-13

11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Learning to be contented is not easy. In fact, most people are usually not.

I remember a message by Ps Andrew about playing fair. He said that we should not seek fair play in any relationship. He wasn't being pessimistic or trying to be comforting. He gave a very valid reason to support his statement.

He said that whenever you seek to play fair, you'll never be content. Everything you do for the person will be based on how much the person does for you. So for instance, if someone does not treat you well, you wouldn't go the extra mile for him.

Here in Philippians, Paul adopts an attitude of contentment regardless of his situation. Can you imagine if he sought fairness? All the persecution he went through as he preached because people did not believe his testimony. Expelled and stoned? If he decided that enough was enough, and did not trust God in his endeavours, the Gentiles would probably not have been saved. you and I would not have our salvation.

In any situation, learn to be contented. I'm not trying to say that you should not clarify when there's a misunderstanding or take the blame for every mistake. I'm asking you to look at the bigger picture. In the situation you're in now, are you contented with the lot that God has given to you? Or are you frustrated because you think you deserve better?

I've learnt to expect great things from God because that's what he has promised. But that sense of hope is submitted to His will, His good and PERFECT will for my life. I will be content with what God has given to me: my parents, the ministry I'm serving in, my studies (though it's not looking very good at the moment), my friends (despite the struggles), and my relationship (one step at the time as the Lord leads...)

I'm thankful for the life that He has given to me. It's not mine. It's His. May my every day be lived for His glory.

No comments:

My PrOFiLe

My photo
There is only one devotion, to God. My belief, strong and unmovable. I believe in God, the only creator of the universe, the only creator of you and me. Through God, all things hold together. But the Godhead does not only consist of one person, he shares a divine relationship with His son, Jesus Christ, whom he sent to die for us and His Spirit, who is the paraclete to all mankind. If there's one thing i want to share with everyone i know, that is the good news. Christ did it, we receive it. There is nothing greater in this world than knowing his love for us. My mission: Making-a-Difference-1-on-1

MaKinG a DiFfeReNcE 1-on-1

It's simple. One life, lay it down for another. Keep it going.