The Bus Stop and the Passenger
The bus alights me at the stop
It's waiting for me to get down
It seems like a strange place
Yea... strangely familiar
Like I've been here before
I look at the rear view mirror of the bus
There's no one at the driver's seat
It's empty.
How did I get here?
I vaguely remember boarding this bus
The engine cools.
I think this is it.
It's my stop.
Well, it looks pretty inviting.
I think I'll be happy here.
Many years have passed now
I am still at the same stop
I have grown older
The bus stop has changed
It's no longer the rugged, shabby shelter I once resided in
It has aged too and can now protect me from stormy weathers
Other buses have passed by and offered to take me elsewhere
I never accepted those lifts
Because I have learnt to love this place
I made this my home, my sanctuary.
Well, all this didn't happen overnight.
We have had our struggles.
There were times of loneliness and despair
When he didn't seem to care
When we both resented each other
He couldn't take my annoyance
I hated his arrogance
While times like these threatened to break us up
What didn't kill our relationship only made it stronger
I have come to realize that
It takes maturity to understand
That pleasure brings along with it a little pain
Success is not achieved without hardship
Still, as I reflect upon our journey together
I cannot help but ponder
Who was the bus driver?
I never saw how he looked like.
And I never saw the bus again.
How did he know where to alight me?
Where did he disappear to that night?
There's no one to give me any answers
But in my heart,
I am grateful to the mysterious bus driver
Every bus takes you on a journey
Every journey brings you to a stop
Every bus driver knows the right one
and I'm glad I found mine.




No comments:
Post a Comment