VBS
Last Friday, we had Video Bible Study in church. I was very blessed by the message. Wayne Cordeiro spoke on doing church as a team but what spoke to my heart was his personal story. He was invited to sing one of his songs at a seminar but because he was so nervous, he forgot the words and by the time he actually finished to song, he felt so horrible, he wanted to give up bible school altogether. He felt that if he couldn't even do the song well he definitely was not cut out to be a pastor. But immediately after his performance, the president of the organisation came up to him and encouraged him. The man said, "there have been many times I wanted to quit. But now, whenever I think about quitting, I'll always remember that young bible school student who struggled through his song and never gave up."
I guess for me, being a young person starting out in ministry is not easy. There are many things that I have to learn that are beyond skills alone. It's a whole lifestyle change. "It comes with the job," I say. A lot of times I find myself having to fight negative thoughts and overcome them - thoughts of inferiority, thoughts of inadequacy. It's worse when you have people saying to you that you're too young or that you're incapable.
But, like that man, whenever I have thoughts about quitting, I'll be reminded of Pastor Wayne's victory! I must finish well!
Anyway, here's another of his messages that I enjoyed. It's entitled: The Power of A Blessing.
(click!)
Be blessed!




1 comment:
yo yo.. don give up okie... wen ever u think u cant do it.. rem there r ppl out there that u can lean on n most importantly there is God smiling down at u saying, "well done my gal, u gave ur best!!"
Thumbs up!! drive on mann!!!
Post a Comment