HaNg On!
James 1:12
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
Hang in there.
Just listened to a message by Pst James, in Willow Creek Community Church on the study of the book of James. This is the verse he preached on.
And I’m really pressing in now for my exams next week. This word came just in time. Hang on! Persevere! Don’t give up.
“Blessed” – Happy, fulfilled, joyful, fortunate.
Trial is really just a test, if you pass the test (if you gain the quality of endurance, develop character, exhibit character, practice steadfastness).
“the crown of life”
How I can hang on? Practical tools?
“The thing that changed, WAS MY ATTITUDE.”
1) The one day at a time principle. Matt 6:34. Don’t worry about tomorrow! I must do one assignment at one time. Don’t worry about my next assignment. Don’t worry about my exam. Just do what I need to now. Worry about today.
Heb 11. Some believers experience pain, mocking….
2) Go back to basics. Do not cave in to self-pity. The Devil is a deceiver. The first he would say is “Woe is you….” Second he would say is “Woe, woe is you…” Third he would say is “Woe is ONLY you…” God will never give you a trial too great for you. Isa 43. My grace is sufficient for all your needs. He won’t let it happen to me! I can make it with his strength!
My dependence on God will grow. My relationship with others will grow. I will inspire others to persevere through their trials. Be faithful through trials.
3) Relief may be just around the corner. This week is the hardest week so far this year. Think what would have happened if Noah, Moses, Paul, would have quit, Jesus in gethsamane would have said not your will, my will.
I know I have to take my exam with everybody else. Say it’s my mistake for not planning my time properly. Well, now it’s not time to cave in to self pity. I need to depend on God. I will study, as much as I can and I will do my best. Lord help me. My attitude needs a make over. I am going to make it. Thank you Lord.




No comments:
Post a Comment