Only Child Syndrome
I had a good chat with Grace today. We talked about lotsa stuff, well, you know, girls talk. We start with one thing and it snowballs to an hour-long conversation.
She made an observation about me, that I shouldn't feel victimized, or resigned to circumstances. I told her that ru mentioned it to me too.
I know. I tend to feel this way when things don't go well for me. And I'm kinda wondering whether being the only child has anything to do with it. It's always two against one. Nobody to defend you, nobody to speak up with you, nobody to agree with you.
Mum made a very harsh comment about me just now. I'm trying to be rational. I know she doesn't mean what she said but it's just too hard to swallow. I guess that's why we need God's strength. Almost everyday, I have to deal with hurtful words thrown at me by them. I didn't know how to respond to mum just now. I simply walked away...
The song her mum used to sing
Now the song has faded
It has become screeching noises
Deafening to her ears
She no longer hears the familiar tune
That once was sung to her
She shuts her blurry eyes
As she hums the broken melody of her soul...




No comments:
Post a Comment