Visit My Other Blog!

a creation of Cheryl & Deniece

pics-talk.blogspot.com

My life :)

ShoutBox!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Desert Song

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” -Shakespeare

Friday, November 28, 2008

"...you've gone through the acts of religion and faith and yet found yourself more often than not at a dry well. Prayers seem empty. Goals seem unthinkable. Christianity becomes a warped record full of highs and lows and off-key notes.
Is there all there is? Sunday attendance. Pretty songs. Faithful tithings. Golden crosses. Three-piece suits. Big choirs. Leather Bibles. It is nice and all, but... where is the heart of it?... I had no answer. All my verses so obediently memorized seemed inappropriate. All my canned responses seemed timid."

As I grabbed "No Wonder They Call Him The Saviour" by Max Lucado to read it in the toilet, I came across this quote in the first few pages.

I felt exactly like that on Wednesday.

I went for a haircut at Bedok, at a home salon. Her name's Michelle and she's really good. My dad thinks I look like ru now especially because of my curls and because I changed the parting of my hair today.

Well, usually when you meet someone for he first time, you would talk about what you're doing. So I was asked just that and it opened a whole can of worms about Christianity. Michelle mostly could not accept the fact that Christians (youths and young people) dress loosely to church, i.e. tank tops and short skirts. She said that she it's not being respectful.

At that moment, I didn't know how to reply her because I really don't think that the outward appearance matters when you are a Christian. At the same time, I understand that it stumbles people because people do stereotype us as the 'holy' people, therefore they expect us to look a certain way. So I guess I was quite torn. If I agreed with her, I would be hypocritical. If I didn't, I would be stumbling her furthur.

I could only say that I understood her point of view..

Sometimes, we're too church-ed up that we find ourselves stuck in these kind of situations! Come out of your little cacoon all you churchy Christians! Stop hiding and get real!

Be a thermostat, and not a thermometer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

My PrOFiLe

My photo
There is only one devotion, to God. My belief, strong and unmovable. I believe in God, the only creator of the universe, the only creator of you and me. Through God, all things hold together. But the Godhead does not only consist of one person, he shares a divine relationship with His son, Jesus Christ, whom he sent to die for us and His Spirit, who is the paraclete to all mankind. If there's one thing i want to share with everyone i know, that is the good news. Christ did it, we receive it. There is nothing greater in this world than knowing his love for us. My mission: Making-a-Difference-1-on-1

MaKinG a DiFfeReNcE 1-on-1

It's simple. One life, lay it down for another. Keep it going.