Visit My Other Blog!

a creation of Cheryl & Deniece

pics-talk.blogspot.com

My life :)

ShoutBox!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Desert Song

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” -Shakespeare

Monday, July 23, 2007

Wow... About Sunday's Prophecy

I was moved by the anointing of God when Pastor Kevin Forlong spoke and I still am.

My legs and whole body were trembling and I almost couldn't stop crying.

I won't say I haven't felt this in a long while because the last time I had this experience was just less than 2 months ago at Saturate conference. But, really i do not usually go up for prayer during altar call because I'm behind the piano, though I always want to. Still in all willingness, I want to also do my part in helping the service flow so I would stay on the piano and not come down for altar call. I appreciate the times when the pastor or preacher giving the altar call would come behind the piano and pray for me too... haha...

anyway...

The first sentence that he said, "your call is not a call of convenience...." I cannot help but my tears started to roll down...

I've always been struggling with the issue of being a Pastor's daughter and I still struggle with it because of the preferential treatment people give me. There are two extremes, one, people tend to treat me superly well (more for adults).. the other, people tend to think, "wa, big shot ar" (more for young people).. and I don't blame people for even thinking that I'm being put in place because my parents favour me. But those words that were said over me somehow released in my spirit a sense of freedom, freedom from my negative thoughts and perceptions of how people looked and talked about me and freedom from my own insecurities and inferiorities. If you have experienced spiritual release before, you would know what I mean.

I am still meditating upon those words and praying about it. The Lord spoke to me before about this a while back and I wrote it down on the back of my Bible. I was looking at it when Pastor Kevin preached on the favour of God.

I believe that something is stirring inside of me to move on and leave the past behind. Not forgetting the past because it will be helpful to avoid the same mistakes previously made but leaving it behind as in dropping the baggage, the hurts, the pain. It's a new phase ahead.

For the youth ministry, Pastor Kevin spoke about innovation and creativity. That was the first thing he told me a few years back too - not in terms of the youth ministry, but when I asked him to pray for me, the first words he said was, "you're a very creative person" and I tell you, at that time, I had no idea what he was talking about because I did not see the creative side of me, I always thought that I was boring and althought the gift of creativity was what I wanted, I did not see it manifesting in my life.

But praise God! Prophecies are meant to be fulfilled. But like He said also, it might not be fulfilled in your generation. This reminds me of Moses. God told him that he would bring people into the promised land but he did not live to enter it. Joshua was the one who brought them into the land.

Still I believe that the mantle this youth ministry carries is CREATIVITY and INNOVATION. I believe that it is already in swing. During our discussions, prayer and meetings, ideas that spring up are out of the ordinary and imaginative. We always add that spice of creativity in our activities planned. We will do things that no other ministry have done before, and we will be creatively orthodox. We will walk in our destiny.

Our Prayer

Lord, may each one of us who desire to serve you so passionately have favour with you and as a result have favour with other people. May we be protected also from every fiery dart that come against us in an attempt to break the unity of the group. May we also not give up in times of difficulty and times of struggle but press on and persevere because we know the Lord, you have our back and you go before us. You have chosen and anointed us and therefore you will make straight our paths. Bind us as one we pray Lord. May it be to us that which you have and will give. Everything we ask, we ask in the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

My PrOFiLe

My photo
There is only one devotion, to God. My belief, strong and unmovable. I believe in God, the only creator of the universe, the only creator of you and me. Through God, all things hold together. But the Godhead does not only consist of one person, he shares a divine relationship with His son, Jesus Christ, whom he sent to die for us and His Spirit, who is the paraclete to all mankind. If there's one thing i want to share with everyone i know, that is the good news. Christ did it, we receive it. There is nothing greater in this world than knowing his love for us. My mission: Making-a-Difference-1-on-1

MaKinG a DiFfeReNcE 1-on-1

It's simple. One life, lay it down for another. Keep it going.