Visit My Other Blog!

a creation of Cheryl & Deniece

pics-talk.blogspot.com

My life :)

ShoutBox!


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Desert Song

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” -Shakespeare

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Art of Reflection

Was at TMA just now and we went through the benefits of doing reflection, also, the art of it.

I thought I should just write about the verses that spoke to me last week and today.

Luke 5
1One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret, with the people crowding around him and listening to the word of God, 2he saw at the water's edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets. 3He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat.

4When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into deep water, and let downthe nets for a catch."

5Simon answered, "Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets."

6When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. 7So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.


Kimberly shared this with us last week, I'm not in what context. But as I meditate upon this, I feel that it's relevant for our season in church now.
It's time to cast our 'nets' to the other side, to where God is calling. He's calling us to fish elsewhere! I pray that the youths will catch the vision of reaching out and come on board with chelle, tracie and I at TMA to disciple the young people in the marketplace!

1 Tim 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.


Recently, I've been challenged with keeping my life pure and holy. I feel that this generation has lost the conviction of being 'set apart'. This is in line with the YOG catalyst meeting last thursday when P Glenn shared about Ex 20:10. I want to be active in aligning my life to His word. No matter how hard it is, no matter how hard the struggle, I must endure! As I keep my eyes focused on Him, He will carry me through...

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face
And the things of this earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

No comments:

My PrOFiLe

My photo
There is only one devotion, to God. My belief, strong and unmovable. I believe in God, the only creator of the universe, the only creator of you and me. Through God, all things hold together. But the Godhead does not only consist of one person, he shares a divine relationship with His son, Jesus Christ, whom he sent to die for us and His Spirit, who is the paraclete to all mankind. If there's one thing i want to share with everyone i know, that is the good news. Christ did it, we receive it. There is nothing greater in this world than knowing his love for us. My mission: Making-a-Difference-1-on-1

MaKinG a DiFfeReNcE 1-on-1

It's simple. One life, lay it down for another. Keep it going.